Rewind to September 2011, twice in one week I was given The Versatile Blogger Award! I promised to continue the giving of said award, and then promptly forgot about it… Well, nearly six months late, here I go! According to the rules of Madame Adeeyoyo and Madame Kathryn, I must:
1. Tell you all five things about myself and
2. Hand the award off to five other bloggers!
Those of you who are getting the award will not be shocked in the least, speaking as I tend to constantly remind my favorite bloggers that they are, indeed, my favorite bloggers.
Behold, five things about myself:
1. I hate happy piano music.
2. I enjoy knitting.
3. I may pretend to be reading the Economics section of The Star Telegram, but I’m really reading the comics…
4. I buy a lot of random antiques. for example, I have a war department pamphlet entitled ‘Going Back To Civilian Life’ from 1946, a book with the title ‘Controlling Human Behavior’ (it makes me feel diabolical…but really it’s just a dull behaviorist handbook.) A black blazer with a tag sewn on the inside from ‘A. Nash Tailors’ dated 3/18/1940, and a Japanese microscope with scary-looking tools that came with it.
5. I have an odd obsession with voices. I like listening to people talk just so I can try to identify specific vocal inflections that only they do, and when I start to recognize phrases and tones they use often, I feel rather proud of myself.
And the award goes to…
1. Mandii Madame from Fossi Una Farfalla!
Mandii is one of my greatest friends, not only on WordPress, but in the world. I have no idea where Madame finds so many inspiring quotes, or how she comes up with her amazing short stories, but she should be positively showered with awards by now. Mandii Madame is one of the most encouraging, most positive human beings I’ve ever known.
2. Melanie from The Past to the Present!
Melanie’s blog has always been wonderfully entertaining. There are always impressive photographs, amusing lists, bits of conversation from her daily life and posts regarding life lessons learned on this Madame’s blog, I have yet to find a single post that is anywhere near dull.
3. Jennifer from JenniferKoman!
There are so many things to love about this blog. Starting with the fact that this woman is in law school! She posts beautiful photographs from her everyday life, including shots of her fantastic outfits (this woman has a runway-worthy sense of style,) deliciously healthy foods, and glistening city streets.
4. Caleb from Priority & Default!
Addictive writing style, impressive music remixing skills, and star of the highly amusing Fake Trix Project. Sir Caleb’s blog has been a favorite of mine for some time. He may not post often, but when he does, it is always memorable, thought-provoking and worth a second read (or if you’re me, a third read…or forth read…or fifth read…)
5. Alannah Madame from Alannah Murphy!
There is so much to say about Alannah. Her writing is incredible (anyone who has been keeping up with her blog is already attached to her boy, Julian, the main character of her novel.) Her journey through writing her novel, and her everyday life described in her blog make the reader emotionally involved in the whole bit. I have no doubt she’ll become a bestselling author, because determined, hard-working, sensible, kind-hearted human beings like Alannah Madame cannot go throughout life unknown to the world.
Alright, then! If you have been given the award you know what this means:
1. You must tell your readers five things about yourself and
2. You must hand off the award to five other bloggers, and comment on their blogs to inform them of their success!